First Big Step

Finally big things are getting done. This was long waited and hard to achieve. Not because the work is hard, but convincing the family was not so easy. Because terrain is on angle, there were few concrete platforms that were cracked and angled. The usable space was small and, even if you are able to squeeze a table for six, you were probably going to sit in an angle. So, the plan was to make pillars above the whole area and make wooden porch of approximately 40 square meters. The problem was with my parents that wanted to make platform using concrete blocks. In my opinion that was bad solution for many reasons, first being expensive compared to the wooden one. Long story short, I convinced them and finally work has started.


Sadly, I don't have all phases photographed, the workers were too fast :)
Things that were done first are: concrete repair on the rain collector, remove of the concrete and pulling out the tree trunk next to the house.


The idea was to level everything with the small entry terrace of the house. Also, we wanted to keep vine plants so the holes in the porch had to be made. There is also rain water collector thank and fresh water well beneath the porch, so the wooden doors had to be made too.




Everything was done in few days and I am very pleased with the result.



Only problem I had was with the wooden doors that were out of the lines of the boards. Luckily, workers made the new ones now in line.
After the porch was finished the second coat of protective paint was painted on. Sadly there was no gray protective paint so I settled with this light brown. In the end I am very satisfied with the final result.





There are still things I want to add and make for the porch, but the main work is done. I wanted to improve the fence with vertical rope strings. Something like this:


Also, I want to make wooden flower pots to go into the hole made for vine plants.


Still a lot to do, but at least we have a space to spend future sunny days outside. And, for the record, whole family is very happy with the final result!

Manja 

Comments

Popular Posts